How do we get rid of the odor on the cutting board?
1. Soak and scrub the cutting board in rice water. The trace elements contained on the surface of the rice are suitable for removing odors from the cutting board.
2. Before using the newly purchased cutting board, first clean both sides of the cutting board cleanly, and rinse off the wax layer with hot water to prevent the wood from cracking;
3. A layer of cooking oil must be evenly spread on the surface of the cutting board, and the oil can be used normally after the oil has completely entered the cutting board. The purpose of this is to make the cutting board less prone to cracking and deformation during construction.
4. After the cutting board is used up, first scrape off the residue with a knife, then rinse with water to remove the odor.
5. The cutting board is scrubbed with ginger slices, not only saves money, but this spicy ginger juice is also suitable for removing the meaty smell left after cutting meat.
6. After washing, it must be soaked in concentrated salt water for a day. Concentrated brine is used to boil water, add salt while still hot, then stop adding until it no longer melts. The purpose of soaking in strong brine for a day is to make the wood surface salty. The salt is hygroscopic and prevents wood from drying out and cracking; remove and dry.